– Stephanie Young is stepping down as President-elect of the ASWCC, about one month after being elected. She cited personal reasons, and emphasized that it was a difficult decision to arrive at. There will be another election held between the other two candidates; Charles Pope and Troi Gale.
– The proposed 2012-2013 budget was amended, transferring $3,500 from the Work Study program to the Whatcom Horizon. The Horizon’s budget had been previously cut from $17,000 to $15,000. The entire budget will be voted on next week.
– A motion was made to asses a $6-per-credit fee to pay for the Pavilion expansion project. The motion was tabled, pending a vote. The fee would be used to pay the nearly $11 million the project is expected to cost, and fee would go into effect in the fall of 2013.
– A request for $38,000 was made to refinish the floor of the gym and to replace the sound system. The floor is about five years overdue to be refinished, so the finish will need to be replaced. The college has agreed to provide the remaining $10,000.
– A motion was made to recognize the Life Long Learners club. The club is mainly for those who are returning to school after a long absence, or older students attending for the first time. The motion was tabled, pending a vote.
– Phelecia Parker was re-elected as Representative-at-Large. She ran unopposed.