STUDENT NEWSPAPER FOR WHATCOM COMMUNITY COLLEGE.
The college serves over 7,000 students a quarter. The award-winning Horizon is free and is produced entirely by and for students, printing 1,200 issues four times a quarter (five in the fall). It is distributed around the campus and in the community, and is widely read.
Contact: Kelsey Rowlson
*Call or email for a list of publication dates and prices.
Open Rate, black and white, per column inch (2.5″ wide) $8
Open Rate, color, per column inch (2.5″ wide) $18
The Horizon is a four column tabloid newspaper with a display area of 10″ x 15.5″ per page. Columns are slightly under 2.5-inches wide. Ad sizes that are not in 2.5-inch width increments will be altered to fit space requirements.
- All ads are subject to approval by Horizon editorial board. We do not accept ads that fosters prejudice, ads that are indecent or vulgar (as determined by editorial board) or ads that are misleading. Political ads cannot be larger than a quarter page for any single candidate or ballot measure. We reserve the right to label any advertisement “paid advertising.”
- Ads can be submitted by E-mail to HorizonAds@Hotmail.com.
- We prefer that you send output-ready PDF attachments because you will get the best quality; however, we also accept .jpg files, minimum 150 DPI. Do not use art from your Web site as these images print poorly.
- For color ads, verify that your files are in CMYK mode.
* Note: Ads are billed immediately after publication or after the last issue of the quarter for advertisers with approved credit running ads for the quarter. All accounts are payable within 30 days after billing.
* Note: No ads will be run until a contract is signed. All contracts will be reviewed by the current editorial board at the beginning of each quarter. The Horizon reserves the right to terminate ad publication at any time as determined by the student editorial board.